Photo courtesy of C Spire
In an effort to help customers affected by the pandemic, C Spire has partnered with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to offer qualifying consumers $50 off their wireless service for a limited time on select plans.
The temporary $3.2 billion federal emergency broadband benefit program is designed to help households struggling to pay for internet service. C Spire explained that customers who are on Lifeline, including those on Medicaid or who receive SNAP benefits, families with children receiving free or reduced school meals, Pell Grant recipients and those who have either lost their job or seen their income substantially reduced in the last year are eligible to receive the discount.
“We know that many of our customers are still facing financial challenges due to business and work disruptions,” Brian Caraway, general manager of C Spire Wireless, said. “We’re ready to help them take advantage of this program to reconnect with friends and family and get back to some sense of normalcy.”
The FCC recently released the following detailed eligibility guidelines:
- Demonstrates low income, at or below 135% of the?Federal Poverty level;
- Participates in assistance programs including SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
- Relies on free and reduced-price school meals;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Suffered a large loss in income during the pandemic due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers;
- Meets other eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
The program will last as long as funds remain available—expected to be around 6 months. If you qualify, C Spire will keep you updated on the status and notify you 30 days in advance before the program ends.
To learn more about the program and C Spire’s participation, go to https://www.cspire.com/web/wireless/emergency-broadband-benefit-program.
The post C Spire partners with FCC for emergency broadband benefit program appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.