This morning, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention unveiled its updated guidelines for Americans who have been fully vaccinated.
The guidance is welcomed news for those who have received both doses of the vaccine or their one dose of the Johnson & Johnson shot as the CDC states that you no longer need to wear a mask while taking part in a number of different activities.
Check out the updated guidelines from the CDC below:
Fully vaccinated people can:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people (including children) from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Participate in outdoor activities and recreation without a mask, except in certain crowded settings and venues
- Resume domestic travel and refrain from testing before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel
- Refrain from testing before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States
- Refrain from testing following a known exposure, if asymptomatic, with some exceptions for specific settings
- Refrain from quarantine following a known exposure if asymptomatic
- Refrain from routine screening testing if asymptomatic and feasible
For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:
- Take precautions in indoor public settings like wearing a well-fitted mask
- Wear well-fitted masks when visiting indoors with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
- Wear well-fitted masks when visiting indoors with unvaccinated people from multiple households
- Avoid indoor large-sized in-person gatherings
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations
For more from the CDC, click here.
During his remarks at the White House, President Biden urged all Americans to get the shot and noted that the new guidelines for the fully vaccinated offer another incentive.
The bottom line is clear: If you’re vaccinated, you can do more things, more safely, both outdoors as well as indoors,” Biden said. “So for those who haven’t gotten their vaccination yet, especially if you’re younger or thinking you don’t need it, this is another great reason to go get vaccinated now.”
As of today, 759,620 Mississippians are fully vaccinated. With thousands of appointments available, make yours today at covidvaccine.umc.edu.
The post CDC loosens mask requirements in latest guidelines appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.