Photo courtesy of Sanderson Farms Championship
The 2020 Sanderson Farms Championship, set to tee off in Jackson in early October, has announced a star-studded group of early commitments.
In its second season with a stand-alone date on the PGA calendar, the tournament has attracted some of the tour’s best players including:
- Sergio Garcia, 2017 Masters Champion and 2008 Players Championship winner
- Henrik Stenson, 2016 Open Championship winner and 2013 FedExCup Champion
- Louis Oosthuizen, 2010 Open Championship winner
- Charl Schwartzel, 2011 Masters Champion
- Luke Donald, 2002 Sanderson Farms Champion and former #1 in the World
- Lucas Glover, 2009 US Open Champion
- Jason Dufner, 2013 PGA Championship winner
- Brandt Snedeker, 2012 FedExCup Champion
- Si Woo Kim, 2017 The Players Championship winner
- KJ Choi, 2011 The Players Championship winner
- Sebastián Muńoz, Defending Sanderson Farms Championship winner and #8 in 2020 FedExCup Championship
The full field can be seen here. More players may join the field ahead of the September 25th deadline.
This year’s edition of the tournament will obviously look a bit different as no fans will be allowed to line the course at the Country Club of Jackson, but Executive Director Steve Jent knows that the excitement surrounding the event remains.
“Our priority remains to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved,” Jent said. “We’ve worked closely with the City of Jackson and State of Mississippi officials throughout this process, and even without fans present onsite this year, we are going to show off a great field to the world through the Golf Channel, PGA TOUR/Live, and PGA TOUR Radio, SiriusXM Ch. 92.”
All proceeds from the tournament will continue to benefit Blair E. Batson Children’s Hospital, and in lieu of ticket sales, organizers have launched the “All in for Children’s” campaign.
“So many people have worked so hard, for so long, to improve the strength of our field, the golf course, and the charitable impact from this tournament that it is impossible to thank them all,” said Century Club Charities President Pat Busby. “With the fast greens and recent course improvements, the 2020 tournament should be a great warm-up for this year’s Masters Tournament and a fast start for the 2020-21 FedExCup Season!”
This year’s tournament will begin on Thursday, October 1st and run through Sunday, October 4th.
The post Former major winners highlight 2020 Sanderson Farms Championship field appeared first on News Mississippi.