The largest Powerball jackpot of the year has increased again, with the new amount totaling in at an estimated $825 million.
On Friday, the Powerball group rose the overall jackpot by $25 million for the Saturday, October 29 drawing.
The upcoming drawing marks the second-largest jackpot in Powerball’s 30-year history, only behind the world record $1.56 billion Powerball jackpot from January 2016. Overall, the jackpot is the fifth largest in U.S. lottery history.
August 3 was the last date when a ticket matched the winning numbers, making Saturday the 37th draw in the current jackpot run.
Friday’s Mega Millions jackpot is an estimated $64 million, while Saturday’s Mississippi Match 5 drawing is now sitting at $134,000.
Other unclaimed prizes from the Powerball and Mega Millions drawings include:
There are also several unclaimed prizes in Mississippi for the Powerball and Mega Millions drawings.
- $500,000: A winning ticket for the Aug. 13 drawing was sold at Broadway Mart on South Broadway, McComb. Ticket expires Feb. 9, 2023.
- $50,000: A winning ticket for the Oct. 1 drawing was sold at Miss Al Market on Forts Lake Road, Moss Point. Ticket expires March 30, 2023.
- $10,000: A winning ticket for the July 15 drawing was sold at Russell Chevron #21 on Russell Mt. Gilead Road in Meridian. Ticket expires Jan. 11, 2023.
- $10,000: A winning ticket for the Aug. 9 drawing was sold at Murphy Oil #7573 on Alexander Road, Holly Springs. Ticket expires Feb. 5, 2023.
- $10,000: A winning ticket for the Sept. 6 drawing was sold at Murphy Oil #7566 on Jackson Avenue, Oxford. Ticket expires March 5, 2023.
The post Largest Powerball drawing of 2022 increases to $825 million appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.