The Mississippi Center for Public Policy (MCPP) has published a report on Critical Race Theory in Mississippi.
MCPP President and CEO Douglas Carswell says Critical Race Theory is dangerous and divisive. “A form of Marxism, Critical Race Theory teaches young people that America is divided between oppressors and the oppressed. Instead of class categories of bourgeoisie and proletariat, however, Critical Race Theory invokes identity categories of white and black.”
Carswell continued by saying, “Critical Race Theory is an extreme ideology that seeks to overthrow the existing economic and political order.”
“Despite assurances given by the education establishment that they are not promoting Critical Race Theory, our report presents compelling evidence that it is being advanced in our state,” said Carswell.
Carswell said some of their findings are shocking.
- Several departments at public universities explicitly espouse Critical Race Theory. One refers to the way that “systemic racism” perpetuates “white supremacy.” Another teaches courses that explore “how whiteness is constructed” and looks at the relationship between white identity and “white nationalism, white supremacy, white privilege, and whiteness.”
- The Mississippi Department of Education recommends teachers use professional development resources provided by organizations that clearly promote Critical Race Theory, such as the Zinn Education Project, which has called for the abolition of Christopher Columbus Day.
To defeat this divisive ideology, Carswell said the following is needed:
- A law to combat Critical Race Theory.
- To review the curriculum, make changes to the Board of Education, and take action to ensure public universities teach students a range of ideas and differing viewpoints.
- Donors to stop funding this divisive ideology.
Carswell noted, “Critical Race Theorists don’t always admit to promoting such a divisive agenda. Our report shows how to spot the signs that this extreme ideology is being advanced.”
Click here to view the report.
The post MCPP Report: Critical Race Theory “is being advanced in Mississippi.” appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.