The effects of what has now weakened to become Tropical Storm Ida are being seen on Mississippi roadways.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation has issued a warning that debris is causing multiple road closures across the state:
- State Route 576 at King Road; State Route 24 at Hinton Road in Amite County.
- State Route 553 at U.S. Highway 61 in Adams County.
- SR 576 past Freeman Road in Franklin County; U.S. Highway 98 at SR 576 and Berrytown Road in Franklin County.
- State Route 57 at Divide Road in Lawrence County.
- State Route 570 at River Road; State Route 44 at Van Norman Curve Road; SR 24 at State Route 48 in Pike County.
- SR 24 at Old Highway 24 in Wilkinson County.
- Interstate 20 past State Route 481/ Morton/ Raleigh exit 80 in Scott County.
- U.S. Highway 49 at Main Street / Star Road in Rankin County.
MDOT crews are working diligently to clear the roadways as soon as possible.
Drivers are advised to avoid these areas and find an alternate route.
Roadway closures are constantly changing as crews continue surveying affected areas and clearing the roadways.
To stay updated on the closures visit MDOTtraffic.com or download the MDOT Traffic mobile app.
The post MDOT: Debris causing multiple road closures in Mississippi appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.