This past weekend, storms ravaged a large portion of Mississippi. As assessments continue, the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has released an updated damage report after the severe storms brought damaging winds, hail and reported tornadoes.
So far, the National Weather Service has surveyed and confirmed a total of four tornadoes across the state:
- Attala County: EF-1 with winds of 95 mph
- Lincoln County: EF-1 with winds of 95 mph
- Marion County: EF-1 with winds of 105 mph
- Rankin County: EF-0 with winds of 75 mph
There are still no reports of any injuries or fatalities as a result of the severe storms.
The following counties have submitted preliminary damage reports to the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency:
- Attala – 10 homes; 3 businesses
- Chickasaw – 23 homes; 2 farms
- Hinds – One home
- Issaquena – One home
- Marion – 24 homes; one farm
- Pontotoc – 5 homes
- Rankin – One home; one business
- Warren – 3 homes
- Yazoo – One home
- *These are preliminary numbers and could change throughout the assessment process.
If there are any unmet needs, MEMA encourages residents to contact your county emergency management agency. A list of those county contacts can be found here.
The post MEMA: Nine counties reporting damage following weekend storms appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.