Postseason baseball is back in the Magnolia State as both Mississippi State and Ole Miss have been selected as regional host sites for the upcoming NCAA Baseball Tournament.
For the Bulldogs and the Rebels, the road to Omaha will begin in their respective backyards as Dudy Noble and Swayze will host four-team regionals next weekend (June 4-7). Seeding and the full list of teams in each regional will be announced Monday morning at 11 a.m. Mississippi State has a chance to be named as one of the top-8 national seeds—setting up to host a super regional.
— Mississippi State Baseball (@HailStateBB) May 31, 2021
The Road to Omaha begins in Oxford! pic.twitter.com/sK0PKxmt5u
— Ole Miss Baseball (@OleMissBSB) May 31, 2021
This marks the 15th time the Bulldogs have hosted a regional and the 10th for the Rebels. Southern Miss was in prime position to host a regional as well, but two walk-off victories by Louisiana Tech in the C-USA Tournament will put the Golden Eagles on the road.
The full list of host sites can be seen below:
- Austin, Texas – Texas (42-15)
- Columbia, South Carolina – South Carolina (33-21)
- Eugene, Oregon – Oregon (37-14)
- Fayetteville, Arkansas – Arkansas (46-10)
- Fort Worth, Texas – TCU (39-17); through games played 5/29/2021
- Gainesville, Florida – Florida (38-20)
- Greenville, North Carolina – East Carolina (41-15)
- Knoxville, Tennessee – Tennessee (45-16)
- Lubbock, Texas – Texas Tech (36-15)
- Nashville, Tennessee – Vanderbilt (40-15)
- Oxford, Mississippi – Ole Miss (41-19)
- Ruston, Louisiana – Louisiana Tech (40-18)
- South Bend, Indiana – Notre Dame (30-11)
- Stanford, California – Stanford (33-14)
- Starkville, Mississippi – Mississippi St. (40-15)
- Tucson, Arizona – Arizona (40-15)
The post Mississippi State, Ole Miss named regional host sites for NCAA Tournament appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.