Postseason baseball is back in the Magnolia State as both Mississippi State and Ole Miss have been selected as regional host sites for the upcoming NCAA Baseball Tournament.
For the Bulldogs and the Rebels, the road to Omaha will begin in their respective backyards as Dudy Noble and Swayze will host four-team regionals next weekend (June 4-7). Seeding and the full list of teams in each regional will be announced Monday morning at 11 a.m. Mississippi State has a chance to be named as one of the top-8 national seedssetting up to host a super regional.
Mississippi State Baseball (@HailStateBB) May 31, 2021
The Road to Omaha begins in Oxford! pic.twitter.com/sK0PKxmt5u
Ole Miss Baseball (@OleMissBSB) May 31, 2021
This marks the 15th time the Bulldogs have hosted a regional and the 10th for the Rebels. Southern Miss was in prime position to host a regional as well, but two walk-off victories by Louisiana Tech in the C-USA Tournament will put the Golden Eagles on the road.
The full list of host sites can be seen below:
- Austin, Texas – Texas (42-15)
- Columbia, South Carolina South Carolina (33-21)
- Eugene, Oregon Oregon (37-14)
- Fayetteville, Arkansas Arkansas (46-10)
- Fort Worth, Texas TCU (39-17); through games played 5/29/2021
- Gainesville, Florida Florida (38-20)
- Greenville, North Carolina East Carolina (41-15)
- Knoxville, Tennessee Tennessee (45-16)
- Lubbock, Texas Texas Tech (36-15)
- Nashville, Tennessee Vanderbilt (40-15)
- Oxford, Mississippi Ole Miss (41-19)
- Ruston, Louisiana Louisiana Tech (40-18)
- South Bend, Indiana Notre Dame (30-11)
- Stanford, California Stanford (33-14)
- Starkville, Mississippi Mississippi St. (40-15)
- Tucson, Arizona Arizona (40-15)
The post Mississippi State, Ole Miss named regional host sites for NCAA Tournament appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.